Named after John C. Waine of Randwick, who created the first Suburban subdivision in Cabarita.
Name later changed to Elphinstone Street.
There were two arrivals of ships named "Medora" to Sydney Cove in early days. Medora - ship from London, carrying 112 merino sheep and 3 heifers, all of which died…
Named after Joseph Kendall, Whaling Master of the Brig "Plumstead" and uncle of Henry Kendall, the famous Australian poet.
Named after Lord Richard Grenville, Duke of Buckingham and Chandos (lived 1823-1889).
(Formerly Stamford Avenue.) Named after James Balfour Elphinstone, Builder, of Glebe, who was an early grantee of land in Concord, and a builder of some of the interesting buildings in…
Named after Dorking, Surrey, England, which had some association with Benjamin Disraeli, sometime Prime Minister of England.
Cabarita is an aboriginal word (pronounced “Caba-reeta”), that probably means "by the water". It was the name given to the point of land at the north-west corner of Hen and…
Thomas Bishop was the first to receive a grant of land in the area much later to be known as "Concord".
bought land in Phillip Street in 1924, producing marine paints, boot polish and floor wax on the 1.6 hectare site until the 1960s.
producers of pressed metal and asbestos sheets for ceilings began production at the northern end of Phillip Street, then a dirt track, in Cabarita in 1917.
produced white lead and a range of Duco finishes at its plant at Cabarita between 1921 and 1960. In 1971 the company’s name was changed to Dulux Australia Ltd.
end of Cabarita Road, Cabarita. Named after Cabarita Point. An area of 9.7 hectares was dedicated as a “Reserve for public recreation and access to wharf” on 21/4/1880. Cabarita is…
For member of the Royal Family