This tiny lane commemorates a remarkable resident of early Concord. Emanuel Neich (c.1809-1893), Licensee of the Bath Arms Hotel (corner of Burwood and Parramatta Roads) from 1834 until his death, owned a large estate off Burton Street, where his house was named “Ardnaree”.
After his death his widow changed the name to “Lansdowne House”. It still stands at No. 25 Burton Street. At an early time Burwood Road from Parramatta Road to Hen and Chicken Bay was known as “Neich’s Lane”.