- To foster interest in and inform the community of the heritage – historically and culturally – of the City of Canada Bay LGA
- To promote the preservation, restoration, conservation, maintenance and use of all places, buildings, monuments, etc., of historic, architectural, cultural and environmental significance within the area.
- To acquire and preserve for the Society, books, manuscripts, newspapers, photographs, oral histories, etc., as may be considered to have a bearing on the history of the area.
- To establish and conduct a social history museum.
- To foster interchange of information among members of the Society and any other interested people, by talks, readings, discussions, exhibitions of heritage, historical and archival material, and excursions.
- To affiliate and co-operate with other Societies and Institutions having objects similar to those of this Society