Despite having 28 volunteers listed on this committee, lately we have only had a very small number attending our monthly meetings.
If you no longer wish to be notified of these meetings please let me know and I will stop sending unwanted emails.
However, if it is the date or time that is causing problems please let us know and we can discuss any needed changes.
It is very hard to continue the great work of this committee with only a handful of workers.
We have a great reputation and we want to continue to uphold it.
There are many different ways in which this committee can work – both at the museum or at home. A lot of it involves computer work.
Currently some of the work that needs to be done includes:
- Researching and writing up a history of Bill Fisher, rower. We have a pair of his oars at the museum but we need some history to go with them.
- Extracting information from the recent Membership Update forms and set out in table form.
- Updating our booklet of the Bays and Headlands, which gives a short explanation around their naming, etc.. The original book covered Concord but we now need to include Drummoyne.
- Undertaking work on our collections data base – ensuring that names and categories are consisted with museum best practices, and entering descriptions. This would initially need to be undertaken at the museum.
- Sorting, filing and cataloguing our collection of documents, newspaper cuttings. etc.
If you can help with any of these, even if you are not a member of the Museum Committee, your assistance would be gratefully accepted.