Henry Bray was the younger brother of Alfred Bray. He was granted twenty-two acres of land, at what is now North Strathfield, by Governor Denison in 1859. His original home was built on the land in 1859. It was later used as a laundry. In about 1861, Clermont House was erected on the site. It was designed by the notable architect John Bibb. Henry Bray served as an alderman on Council before becoming the third mayor of Concord.