Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril…
To honour Daniel Zoeller (1831-1911). He was a prominent local builder and citizen of Burwood and Concord. An Alderman of the first Concord Council (1883), he served as Mayor in 1892 and 1893. Both he and his wife are buried in Rookwood Cemetery. This was formerly part of Broughton Street.
Named after “Yaralla”, the home of Thomas and Dame Eadith Walker. “Yaralla” is an aboriginal word for “camp” or “ducking place”.
Named after the English popular poet, William Wordsworth.
Named after William Broughton, one of the original grantees of land in this area.
Later changed to Patterson Street.
Named after Mr. Wiggins, an Alderman on the Concord Municipal Council.
Originally Coomer’s Lane then changed to Burwood Road.
The “F4 Western Freeway” was opened for use on the 16th December 1982. It then extended from Concord Road to Mays Hill, and was gradually extended westwards to the Blue Mountains.
Takes its name from “Wellbank”, the residence of Mr. John Flavelle. The old home was demolished in 1961 to make way for the present Concord Council Chambers.
Named after Joh Ward, an early grantee, who by the late 1820s owned most of present day Cabarita and Mortlake. He left his estate to his adopted son Alexander Macdonald.