Arthur Walker was responsible for levelling of playing field for cricket. He was Secretary/Treasurer of the Concord West Cricket Club. Land was donated by Eadith Walker to the Club for as long as they wanted it.
end of Killoola Street, Rhodes Miss Love, who lived in “Lovedale” and ran an early school in Concord.
Should be Brice Mutton Reserve. Named for Brice Mutton, Mayor 1942-44, 1947. Father of Lerryn Mutton, MP
end of Victoria Avenue, Concord West For the creek – the border of the Municipality
After Thomas E. Warbrick, Mayor, 1918-1919
Commemorates Alfred Llewellyn Bray, eldest son of Thomas & Mary Bray (of Rhodes). Alfred Bray was the first Mayor of the newly proclaimed Municipality of Concord, serving during 1883 and 1886.
This hospital continues the link with the Walker family as it was built on land acquired from Dame Eadith’s estate and the building was awarded the Sulman Prize for Architecture in 1946. This block was originally granted to James Williamson in 1798 as part of the grant he named Rocky Point. It later passed to…