City of Canada Bay Heritage Society
Search this site
Use of Yaralla grounds
To enquire about the use of the Yaralla grounds for photography or any other use, use this link to the Sydney Local Health District Yaralla Estate website.
- There are no upcoming events.
Click on any event above and visit the information page. You will be able to see more information and/or RSVP to the event on that page.
Thomas Walker Convalescent Hospital (Rivendell) Open Day
31st July, 2022
10:00am – 2:00pm
- To foster interest in and inform the community of the heritage – historically and culturally – of the City of Canada Bay LGA.
- To promote the preservation, restoration, conservation, maintenance and use of all places, buildings, monuments, etc., of historic, architectural, cultural and environmental significance within the area.
- To acquire and preserve for the Society, books, manuscripts, newspapers, photographs, oral histories, etc., as may be considered to have a bearing on the history of the area.
- To establish and conduct a social history museum.
- To foster interchange of information among members of the Society and any other interested people, by talks, readings, discussions, exhibitions of heritage, historical and archival material, and excursions.
- To affiliate and co-operate with other Societies and Institutions having objects similar to those of this Society
Open Days are subject to Covid restrictions and may be cancelled.
Tours of the Yaralla Estate (Dame Eadith Walker Convalescent Hospital) are usually held on the last Sunday in April and October.
Tours of “Rivendell” (The Thomas Walker Convalescent Hospital) are usually held on the last Sunday in July.
If you would like to add your name to our waiting list to be notified of the next tour of these estates, complete the form (right).
You will be notified approximately two months prior to the date of the tour.
Our monthly newsletter “Nurungi”, keeps members and others advised of coming speakers or activities as well as news of the society and it contains interesting articles and snippets of historical information that have been added to the web site during the month.
Complete the “Subscribe to Nurungi” form (right) to be added to the mailing list and receive the latest “Nurungi” monthly newsletter sent at the end of each month).