City of Canada Bay Heritage Society
The City of Canada Bay Heritage Society was formed by the amalgamation of Concord Heritage Society and Drummoyne & District Historical Society.
Use this link to view more information on the history of the City of Canada Bay Heritage Society
- To foster interest in and inform the community of the heritage – historically and culturally – of the City of Canada Bay LGA
- To promote the preservation, restoration, conservation, maintenance and use of all places, buildings, monuments, etc., of historic, architectural, cultural and environmental significance within the area.
- To acquire and preserve for the Society, books, manuscripts, newspapers, photographs, oral histories, etc., as may be considered to have a bearing on the history of the area.
- To establish and conduct a social history museum.
- To foster interchange of information among members of the Society and any other interested people, by talks, readings, discussions, exhibitions of heritage, historical and archival material, and excursions.
- To affiliate and co-operate with other Societies and Institutions having objects similar to those of this Society
Australian Inventions and Discoveries that Changed the World
When you think of Australia, the first things that come to mind are probably grouchy koalas are probably grouchy koalas munching on Eucalyptus leaves, baby-eating dingoes lurking alleyways, ferocious spiders the size of dinner plates and other dangerous wildlife just waiting for the next victim.
However, what you are probably not thinking about is what Australia has contributed to the rest of the world through inventions and discoveries. We promise, it is more than just aggressive animals.
Our monthly newsletter “Nurungi”, keeps members and others advised of coming speakers or activities as well as news of the society and it contains interesting articles and snippets of historical information that have been added to the web site during the month.
Subscribe to receive the latest “Nurungi” newsletter
If you would like to add your name to our waiting list to be notified of the next tour of these estates, complete the form.
You will be notified approximately two months prior to the date of the tour.