The City of Canada Bay Heritage Society was formed by the amalgamation of Concord Heritage Society and Drummoyne & District Historical Society.
Use this link to view more information on the history of the City of Canada Bay Heritage Society
Tours of the Yaralla Estate (Dame Eadith Walker Convalescent Hospital) are usually held on the last Sunday in April and October.
Tours of “Rivendell” (The Thomas Walker Convalescent Hospital) are usually held on the last Sunday in July.
If you would like to add your name to our waiting list to be notified of the next tour of these estates, click the “Sign up here” button.
You will be notified approximately two months prior to the date of the tour.
Our monthly newsletter “Nurungi”, keeps members and others advised of coming speakers or activities as well as news of the society and it contains interesting articles and snippets of historical information that have been added to the web site during the month.
Click the “Subscribe to Nurungi” button to receive the latest “Nurungi” newsletter
- To foster interest in and inform the community of the heritage – historically and culturally – of the City of Canada Bay LGA.
- To promote the preservation, restoration, conservation, maintenance and use of all places, buildings, monuments, etc., of historic, architectural, cultural and environmental significance within the area.
- To acquire and preserve for the Society, books, manuscripts, newspapers, photographs, oral histories, etc., as may be considered to have a bearing on the history of the area.
- To establish and conduct a social history museum.
- To foster interchange of information among members of the Society and any other interested people, by talks, readings, discussions, exhibitions of heritage, historical and archival material, and excursions.
- To affiliate and co-operate with other Societies and Institutions having objects similar to those of this Society
ARC Engineering Pty Ltd World War I prompted the British Reinforced Concrete Company to begin operations in Australia and in May 1920 the company opened
Read More …